For any business that concentrates on handmade products don't only get support from other handmade artists, but it convinces regular customers to use their hard earned cash in buying handmade products as they are making a better choice.
Have you ever searched for "why buy handmade" on your favourite search engine? I bet you have read all the wonderful reasons and it is a good thing that the word handmade is located in many websites because people believe in purchasing handmade rather then commercial products.
Are you ready for the 10 amazing reasons??? Well here we go......
10. Get your shopping done one time. Search for large craft shows in your community during the year for upcoming holidays. The craft shows offer many handmade vendors under one roof, so you don't have to run all over town to get what you need. Online handmade businesses are all over the world, you definitely will have that perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list.
9. Many handmade goods come beautifully wrapped. Just like our handmade candles they all come wrapped in a cellophane wrapping and we tie them with ribbons and we also attach a handmade gift tag where you can add a message for your loved ones. We believe in that perfect customer service and presenting our finished products by wrapping them so that we save you from buying wrapping paper, tape, scissors, bows, gift bags and so much more! Look out for those handmade stores that offer the service of gift wrapping their products.
8. How many of us scramble at the mall trying to find that perfect gift for family or friends? It's time to avoid crowded stores and long lines and fights over the last item on the shelf. All this causes unnecessary stress on you. It is time to spend those hours at local craft fairs, shop online for that perfect personalized handmade item which you know won't be the last item and you know it would be worth your money.
7. How about the warm sweet feeling in your heart knowing that you have supported a local handmade artist directly. For example, when you purchase from our shop, you have helped us save that money so we are able to buy more supplies so that we can keep growing as an online business. It shows that you believe in us!
6. You develop a close connection with the artisan. For example, you get directly in touch with us when you email, facebook inbox us, or leave a comment on instagram. We have had a customer whom we designed our products for their home and they emailed us during the holidays and asked us to create 4 candles for family members. How awesome does that get!? Just think about being able to meet your favourite clothing designer, chef, celebrity. It's that kinda feeling but on a small scale.
5. You are definitely helping the environment. When you "go green" it gives you the best feeling, doesn't it? Handmade products are not made in factories that use fuel and energy but most products are made at home. Like our products are made at home in a smoke free environment. When you buy handmade you help reduce carbon in our beautiful world.
4. Customization at it's finest! Every product is made by hand and because you are in touch directly with the person making it you can change the following; the colour of the item, accessories on the item (if any), size of the item or even get a whole new product designed that may not be on the catalogue. Customization is a saver! The possibilities are endless.
3. "That looks very nice, where can I get one?" is a question you would get when you buy handmade. It is the item that is eye catching on the block because it looks awesome, unique, trendy and definitely one-of-a-kind!
2. You receive high quality items when you buy handmade because these items are built to last. Handmade items have longevity. Artists like us have pride in our work, as we put time and effort and want it to last.
1. Your support means a lot to many local artisans! Your appreciation in the work that has been put into each item tells us that you will treasure the item for a very long time. There are many many benefits on what it means in supporting local business and might be a lot to list here, but they are all good reasons. Trust us!
If you are going to object that handmade is so expensive, then we refer you back to the reasons why handmade is better. If you appreciate someones time and effort then you will pay for quality and be smart shoppers.
We encourage each and every one of you to buy more handmade products this year and every year, not just for the holidays but for all special occasions.
" Something handmade is much more meaningful"
~ Beth Wert